Quickly Replace Your Lost Passport

Do you know what to do to replace a lost passport? No one wants to experience the feeling you get when you’re preparing for a trip abroad and realize your passport is missing.

If you’ve lost your passport and your trip is already booked, there are ways to get a passport replacement without experiencing a delay in your travel plans.

You can apply for a new passport yourself, but doing so can be a headache, especially if you need to get your passport quickly. An easier way is to authorize an expediting service like “Its Easy Passport Service” to apply for a new passport on your behalf.

Report Your Lost Passport

Whether you choose to apply for a new passport on your own or get an expediting service to do it for you, you must report your old one lost. You can do so by:

  • Calling 1-877-487-2778
  • Completing form DS-64: statement regarding a lost or stolen passport, and mailing it to:
  • US Department of State

    Passport Services

    Consular Lost/Stolen Passport

    Section: 1111 19th Street, NW, Suite 500

    Washington, DC 20036

  • Completing form DS-64 and submitting it with your passport application when you apply for a new passport
  • If you lose your passport while traveling abroad, you should contact the nearest US Embassy or Consulate as soon as you realize it’s missing to get help replacing your lost passport.

    Once your passport has been reported as lost, you can no longer use it to travel even if you find it.

    Replacing Your Passport

    For routine or expedited service through the Government, you can apply at a passport acceptance facility (e.g. post office, public library, etc.) in your area. To apply, you must:

    1. Complete a passport application (form DS-11), but do not sign it.

    2. Gather all of the documentation you will be required to present when you apply to replace your lost passport, including proof of citizenship, identification, a photocopy of the front and back of your identification, passport photo, and the required fees.

    3. Take your unsigned, completed application and all supporting documentation to a passport acceptance facility

    An acceptance agent will verify your identity, have you sign the application form in their presence and collect the required documentation and fees from you. The typical processing time is four to six weeks for a routine passport application and two to three weeks for an expedited application, but it can take longer. When your passport is ready, it will be mailed to your home.

    If you need to replace your lost passport more quickly, you can make an appointment at one of the 24 regional passport agencies in the United States, where you will be asked to provide all of the documentation listed above as well as your travel itinerary.

    However, with only 24 passport agencies in the country, you may have to travel quite a distance to get to the agency closest to you, and you will likely experience a long wait time once you arrive. If you want an easier solution, you can authorize an expediting service like “Its Easy Passport Service” to apply on your behalf.

    Faster Passport Service

    “Its Easy Passport service” provides a quicker, easier, hassle-free way to replace your lost passport. “Easy service’s” licensed passport couriers have worked with the Government to help U.S. citizens secure their passports for more than 20 years.

    With “easy service,” you won’t have to lose sleep wondering whether or not you will get your passport on time. If necessary, you can have your passport within 24 hours. Let “easy service’s” experienced passport specialists help you replace your passport.

    After you place your order with “easy service,” they will make an expediting reservation on your behalf and send you an email confirmation with a list of the items you need to provide, so your passport application can be processed. A passport specialist will contact you to review your documents and make sure everything is in order, so you can get a replacement for your lost passport.

    If your passport has been lost, you must appear before an acceptance agent at a passport acceptance facility in your area. The agent will verify your identity and witness you sign your passport application.

    When that is complete, the agent will put your signed application and supporting documentation in a sealed envelope, which you will provide to “easy service. After that, you can sit back and relax. “Its Easy Passport Service” will hand deliver your application to the U.S. Passport Agency for expedited processing. You can use “easy service’s” tracking system to receive updates about the status of your application. When your passport is ready, you can either pick it up at “easy service’s” office or have them mail it to you. With “easy service,” you will have a replacement for your lost passport in no time.

    Return From Lost Passport to Home