Getting a Passport Fast and Easy

Are you getting a passport for an upcoming trip you’re planning? You’ll need one if you’re traveling outside of the United States and your current passport is about to expire or if you’ve never had a passport before. How you get your passport and what is required during the application process will depend on a number of factors, including your age, whether or not you were previously issued a passport and many others.

Figuring out what is required for your individual situation can be overwhelming and making even a small mistake can delay the processing of your application. If you want to make sure you get it right the first time, a professional expediter like “easy service” can help guide you through the process of getting a passport so you can be sure you won’t experience any delays. There are a variety of ways you can get your passport regardless of whether you choose to work with an expediting service or handle the application process on your own.

Obtaining a Passport

If you choose to apply for your passport without the help of an expediter, there are three ways you can apply:

(1.)By mail. Most U.S. passport renewals can be handled through the mail. However, in some circumstances you may be required to renew your passport in person. If you are applying for a passport for the first time, you must apply in person.

(2.)At a passport acceptance facility. Anyone can apply at a passport acceptance facility, regardless of whether or not they are renewing an existing passport or getting a passport for the first time. Be sure to provide the appropriate application form and all of the required documentation for the type of passport you are getting.

(3.)At a passport agency. You must make an appointment to apply at a passport agency. These slots are reserved for individuals with urgent travel needs. Typically, if you are traveling in less than two weeks, you can apply at a passport agency.

When you apply by mail or at a passport acceptance facility, the average time it takes to process an application is four to six weeks. For a $60 fee, you can request expedited service through the U.S. government, which usually takes two to three weeks. However, these processing times are only estimates, and getting a passport when application volume is high can take much longer.

If you can’t wait that long to get your passport, you can apply at a passport agency, where you will usually get your passport the same day you apply. However, there are no guarantees. In addition, there are only 24/25 passport agencies throughout the country. With so few agencies servicing so many U.S. citizens, these facilities tend to be very crowded and have long wait times. In addition, most of the passport agencies are located in large metropolitan areas, so unless you live in one of these areas, getting a passport at a passport agency is probably not a realistic option.

Expedite Your Passport With a Professional

Most passport expediting services can get you your passport in as little as 24 hours if necessary. If you can’t travel to a passport agency or you don’t have the time to wait in line for your name to be called and your passport to be issued, but still need your passport quickly, they will do it for you. A representative from the passport expediting service you choose will take care of standing in line; they will wait for your application to be processed; and they will deliver your passport to you when it is issued. Passport expediters take the stress out of getting a passport.

All you need to do is authorize them to apply on your behalf and send them your passport application and the supporting documentation that is required to process your application. The expediter will work with the U.S. Passport Agency to have your application processed and your passport issued. When your passport has been issued, the expediting service will either overnight it to you, or you can pick it up from their office.

If you are applying for your first passport or you are required to apply in person for any other reason, you must appear before a passport acceptance agent to sign Form DS-11 before sending your application materials to the expediting service. The agent will put your application documents in a sealed envelope that he/she will return to you. Simply mail the envelope to the expediting service and they will take care of getting a passport for you. But, be sure you take into account the time it will take to appear before an acceptance agent when applying for your passport.

Return From Getting a Passport to US Passport Renewals