East Timor Foreign Entry Requirements

If you are planning a trip to East Timor, it is important that you familiarize yourself with the East Timor foreign entry requirements before you arrive. Without the proper documentation, you may not be allowed to enter the country.

All U.S. citizens must be able to show documentation of the purpose of their trip; evidence of sufficient funds; proof of accommodations; a return ticket and have a valid passport and visa to enter the country.

Additional information about these requirements is included below. However, entry requirements are subject to change. For the most up to date information, contact the East Timor Embassy or see the Immigration Department of Timor-Leste’s website.

Purpose of Trip

Upon arrival in East Timor, you may be asked to present documentation that shows the purpose of your trip (e.g. tourism, business, etc.).

Evidence of Sufficient Funds

According to the East Timor foreign entry requirements, U.S. citizens may be asked to show evidence that they have sufficient funds for the entire length of their stay in East Timor. The website of the Immigration Service of Timor-Leste states that adequate funding is $100 for each entry and $50 for every day you will be in East Timor.

Proof of Accommodations

When you arrive, you may be asked to show proof of your accommodations for your stay in East Timor (e.g. hotel reservations).

Return Ticket

U.S. citizens must be able to show they have a return ticket to the United States or adequate funding to purchase one.


According to the East Timor foreign entry requirements, all U.S. citizens must have a passport with at least one blank visa page that is valid for at least six months from the time they arrive in East Timor.

If you do not have a passport or your current passport has been damaged or does not have the necessary amount of validity remaining, you must obtain a new one before leaving the United States.


All U.S. citizens must have a visa to enter the country. If you are arriving at the International Airport in Dili or the Dili Sea Port, you can obtain a 30-day tourist visa on arrival. To obtain a visa on arrival, you must pay a $30 fee and meet the requirements listed above.

According to the East Timor foreign entry requirements, if you are arriving by land, need a multiple-entry visa or need a visa valid for more than 30 days, you should apply for a “visa application authorization” before you arrive.

When you arrive in East Timor you must present the authorization to immigration officials. If you have met the additional requirements listed above, you’ll be granted a visa.

To secure a “visa application authorization,” complete the application form and submit it with a passport photo to the East Timor Immigration Service.

You should allow at least 10 business days for your application to be processed. Your authorization must be used within 12 months of being issued.

Passport Service

If you need help securing your passport to satisfy the East Timor foreign entry requirements, a professional passport expediting service like “company name” can provide the assistance you’re looking for.

Passport companies are registered with the U.S. Department of State to hand carry applications to the U.S. Passport Agency on behalf of their clients. They are experts in the application process, and they’ll make securing your travel documents fast and easy.

When you work with a passport service, you will receive detailed instruction about the information you need to submit with your application, so it can be processed. Furthermore, if you have questions at any time, representatives are available to get you the answers you need.

When you have completed your application to get the travel document you need to satisfy the East Timor foreign entry requirements, send it to the passport company, and they will take care of the rest.

Upon receipt of your application, a representative will review it to ensure it is complete and accurate. Then they will submit it to the U.S. Passport Agency for processing. When your passport is issued, it will be mailed to you, so you can leave for your trip as planned.